The benefits of Thyroid Health:
- Contains selenium – The thyroid gland holds more selenium than any other organ in the body. Selenium is used to produce selenoproteins – antioxidant enzymes that are needed for adequate thyroid function. It is required for the production of thyroid hormones and the conversion of the inactive thyroid hormone (T4) into its active form (T3) to be utilised in the body.
- Contains iodine – This important mineral is required for the production of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. A deficiency of iodine may inhibit the production of these thyroid hormones and could affect thyroid function. Fucus vesiculosus, a type of kelp, has been used in our Thyroid Health capsules to provide a natural source of iodine.
- Contains vitamin D3 – Helps to maintain healthy thyroid function.
- Contains zinc – This mineral also plays an important role in supporting healthy thyroid function.
Ingredients & Excipients
|Each capsule contains:
|Herbal extracts equivalent to dry:
|Fucus vesiculosus whole plant (kelp)
(providing 160 mcg iodine)
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)
|Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)
Dose & Administration
1 capsule daily, with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions and Contraindications:
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A recommended daily dose of 150mcg of selenium should not be exceeded.
- Not to be used in those with an overactive thyroid gland, unless urinary iodine levels are checked and the patient’s healthcare practitioner recommends iodine supplementation.
- Helpful when used in conjunction with a program of reduced intake of dietary calories and increased physical activity.