Tyrosine is an amino acid that is required for the production of important brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that help to support and enhance mood, concentration, memory and alertness. This amino acid is critical for the production of thyroid hormones and the synthesis of proteins, enzymes and muscle tissues in the body. Our Tyrosine Mood Food contains a highly potent and pure form of tyrosine that is free from any additives or fillers.
The benefits of Tyrosine:
- Improved mood – Tyrosine is required for the production of neurotransmitters: dopamine, adrenalin and noradrenalin. Studies have shown that deficiencies of these brain chemicals are correlated with increased incidence of depression and other mood disorders. Tyrosine may act as a mood elevator, helping to stabilise mood and improve feelings of happiness and satisfaction.
- Increased focus and conentration – Due to tyrosine’s involvement in neurotransmitter production, it may help to improve focus, motivation and concentration. Tyrosine could serve as a useful amino acid prior to exercise or work, to help improve mental performance.
- Stress reduction – In times of stress, additional tyrosine may be needed, as stress depletes noradrenalin in the body. Tyrosine may assist in the management of stress and prolong the anti-stress effects of this brain chemical.
- Thyroid function – Tyrosine plays a critical role in the production of thyroid hormones T3 and T4. The thyroid gland is responsible for regulating metabolism, growth and development, body temperature and heart rate.
- Reduced cravings – Low dopamine levels have been associated with increased food cravings and excessive hunger. As dopamine works on the reward centre of the brain, maintaining healthy dopamine levels may assist in the management of addiction. Tyrosine may be helpful for those with food or alcohol addiction.
- Healthy weight – Due to tyrosine’s involvement in producing thyroid hormones, it may assist in the maintenance of a healthy weight range. The thyroid is responsible for regulating metabolism and controlling the metabolic rate for fat burning. As this amino acid may also help to control hunger and cravings, it could serve as a useful supplement as part of a weight loss regime.
Tyrosine may assist with:
- Mood disorders
- Poor memory
- Poor focus and concentration
- Food cravings
- Low motivation
- Low or unstable mood
- Poor thyroid function
- Inability to lose weight.
Ingredients & Excipients
|Each level 5ml metric teaspoon contains:
|1.5 – 1.8g
Gluten free, lactose free, dairy free and yeast free. Free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners and preservatives.
Dose & Administration
1-2 teaspoons 2-3 times daily in a glass of water or juice, 30 minutes before meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
1 teaspoon, 2-3 times daily in a glass of water or juice, 30 minutes before meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Tyrosine supplements should not be taken by people using monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressant drugs (eg. Nardil and Parnate).
- Tyrosine may cause a severe rise in blood pressure in people taking these medications.
- Tyrosine should not be takedn at the same time as the Parkinson’s medication, Levodopa (L-dopa).
- If symptoms persist, customers should consult their healthcare practitioner.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Store below 25˚C in a cool, dry place